HONOURS AND DISTINCTIONS
DR EMMANUEL ONU EGBOGAH, P. Eng. OON
1. Distinguished Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers International (Dallas, Texas, USA, Oct 25 1995)
Citation: The Board of Directors of the SPE has elected Dr Emmanuel Onu Egbogah as Distinguished Member in 1995 in recognition of distinguished achievements in the field of petroleum engineering and noteworthy service to the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
2. Recipient of the Society of Petroleum Engineers 1998 Asia Pacific Regional Service Award (Jakarta, Indonesia, April 20 1998).
Citation: The Board of Governors of the SPE presented to Dr Emmanuel Onu Egbogah, in Recognition of the continuing and outstanding commitment of personal effort” and time to further the organizational efforts and those of technology transfer throughout the Asia Pacific Region.
3. Recipient of the SPE Nigeria Council Millennium Award (Abuja Nigeria, August 5, 1999)
Citation: The SPE Nigeria Council presents the Recognition Millennium Award to Dr Emmanuel 0 Egbogah in recognition for his active and dedicated Service to the Society in the 20” Century: Abuja, Nigeria, August 5/99.
4. Recipient of the Nigerian Canadian Association “1999 Distinguished Citizen Award”, Calgary, Canada, October 17.
Citation: This recognizes your dedication to enriching the educational, social and emotional well being of Calgarians and Nigerians. Your work and commitment at the local. national and international levels in the academic arena as well as in the Oil & Gas Sector are exemplified by your passion and dedication to community organizations around the world and the benefit to many.
5. Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science in Engineering (D.Sc. Honoris Causa), University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, March 2006
Citation: “in recognition of your outstanding contributions as a foremost Intellectual to the development of the energy sector, both in Nigeria and other countries of the world.”
6. Director, Africa Region, Society of Petroleum Engineers. A member of the 27- member Board of Directors of the 76,000-menber, 63-country pre-eminent Global Society on the Oil & Gas Industry
7. Recipient of the Nigeria 2006 National Honour of Officer of the Order of the Niger, OON for significant contribution for the Nation’s development.
8. Recipient of the 2007 NMGS/SHELL AWARD
The Nigerian Mining & Geosciences Society/Shell AWARD is for any Earth Scientist who has made significant contributions to the field of Earth Sciences on the African Continent through excellence in research in either or both the pure and applied aspect of the sciences